skip to main content | skip to sidebar

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

JK is back!

Yesterday was an important day for music lovers in Ireland (at least as far as I'm concerned). John Kelly made his long awaited return to the radio waves. For those of you that don't know him. John Kelly is a radio presenter that ran the Mystery Train on RTE Radio 1 for the last 6 or 7 years, before that he worked for Radio Ireland hosting the Eclectic Ballroom, and before that he worked with BBC, UTV and Channel 4.

To me he is the most interesting and entertaining presenter on Irish radio waves.

The Mystery Train was a fantastic show that covered a very broad spectrum. I enjoyed the show from the outset, when I was introduced to it inadvertently by my mother (the radio was on all day in my house). Unfortunately for whatever reason RTE decided it was time to move on, and on the 13th of July he broadcast his last Mystery Train.

Now he's back. I don't think I should say much more, and absolutely let him do the talking. He's funny and quirky and you can tune in from anywhere in the world by following the link at the bottom of this post.

His new show is called the JK Ensemble, and as it is broadcasting from Lyric FM, he will be taking a slightly more classical/jazz influenced route, but as you can tell from yesterday's show.. I think we'll be hearing quite a bit of variety.

Good to have you back John.

John Kelly is on the JK Ensemble at 2.30 – 4.30 every Monday to Friday on 96.7 or 98.7 FM.
Every day his show is archived and can be found at http://www.rte.ie/lyricfm/thejkensemble/

No comments:

My Photos

The Mantua Festival
Aug 19, 2006 - 44 Photos
The Mor Festival
Aug 21, 2004 - 26 Photos